Mini Banana Pancakes
Originally a paleo granola pancake recipe, this works perfectly without the granola. In fact you can add your own crunchy pieces (nuts, seeds, cacao nibs) or none at all (photo shows pancakes with sunflower seeds). I top these with honey or maple syrup if the bananas I use are not very ripe.
I manage to fit 4 at a time in my pan so for a quick, one-person snack I half the recipe to make one batch. I’ve also done the recipe 1.5x (3 bananas, 3 eggs, 4.5 Tbsp coconut flour etc) but you could double the recipe to serve up to 4 people. Just remember to allow extra time for cooking each bath.
An even healthier option would be to use a non-stick skillet.
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Place banana in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the eggs and blend.
- Lastly, add the coconut flour, vanilla extract, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and puree until smooth.
- Heat 1Tbsp of coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once it is hot, pour around 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture into skillet. 3 inch pancakes are easy to turn.
- Wait until each pancake begins to form bubbles on the surface sprinkle with seeds/granola/nuts/cacao nibs, then flip.
- Make all pancakes with the batter adding more coconut oil in between each batch as required.
- Serve warm with or without topping of your choice
Pear & Mango Orange Syrup on Mini Banana Pancakes