If morning times are scarce then make a whip up a batch of these egg muffins the day before a busy week and store in the fridge for up to a week. Makes a particularly useful, healthy protein snack for active people on the go. Create your own egg muffin mix using veg, meat and/or cheese, spices etc. Who says fast food can’t be healthy?
I originally followed a recipe that used 6 eggs – one for each muffin cup but one day I didn’t have enough eggs so tried using just the 4 I had. They came out fine and were only a little smaller.
- 4-6 eggs
- ½ onion
- ½ bell pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp water (optional if using less than 6 eggs)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Dice all vegetables. You can add more or less of any of them, but keep the overall portion of vegetables the same for best results.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetables, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a greased muffin pan, the mixture should evenly fill 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
For a fast, hot snack zap one or two of these in the microwave for approx 20 seconds.
From Kiri Rowan on PaleoGrubs.com
See also Allrecipes.com Paleo Omelet Muffins